What We Believe
We are a fellowship member of the Assemblies of God and adhere to Sixteen Fundamental Truths. For more information on the Assemblies of God, please click here.
The Sixteen Fundamental Truths
1. We believe the Scriptures are inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind. See 2 Timothy 3:15-17; 1 Thessalonians 2:13: 2 Peter 1:21
2. We believe there is only One True God revealed in three persons-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity). See Deuteronomy 6:4; John 14:16-17
3. We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ and as God's Son he was both human and divine. See Philippians 2:9-11; Hebrews 1:3
4. We believe though originally good, man willingly fell to sin-ushering evil and death, both physically and spiritually, into the world. See Gensis 1:26-27, 3:6;
5. We believe every person can have restored fellowship with God through salvation (trusting Christ through faith and repentance to be our personal Savior).
See Romans 10:13-15; Ephesians 2:8
6. We believe and practice two ordinances: water baptism by immersion after receiving salvation and communion as a symbolic remembrance of Christ's suffering and death for our salvation. See Matthew 28:19; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26
7. We believe the baptism of the Holy Spirit is a special experience which follows salvation that empowers the believer for witnessing and effective service as it did in New Testament times. See Acts 1:8; Matthew 3:11; Acts 10:44-46
8. We believe the initial physical evidence of receiving the baptism in the Holy Spirit is speaking in tongues, as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles. See Acts 2:4; 1 Corinthians 12:28
9. We believe sanctification initially begins at salvation, but is a progressive lifelong process of separating the believer from evil and drawing the believer closer to God to become Christ-like. See Romans 6:1-4, 12:1-2; Philippians 2:12-13
10. We believe the Church has a mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe the Church is the "Body of Christ" and consists of people who, throughout time, have accepted Jesus as Lord & Savior regardless of denominational affiliation.
See Matthew 28:19-20; 1 Corinthians 12:12-31
11. We believe a divinely called and scripturally ordained leadership ministry serves the Church. The Bible teaches each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reaching others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, to build up the body of believers, and to meet human needs with a ministry of love and compassion.
See Ephesians 4:11-13; Galatians 6:9-10; James 1:27
12. We believe divine healing of the sick is provided for in Christ's atonement.
See Isaiah 53:4-5; James 5:14-16
13. We believe in the Blessed Hope-when Jesus raptures his Church prior to his return to Earth-when all believers who have died will rise from their graves to meet the Lord. Those believers who are alive will be caught up with them to dwell with the Lord forever. See 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; 1 Corinthians 15:51-52
14. We believe in the millennial reign of Christ when Jesus returns with the saints at his Second Coming to rule for 1,000 years and bring about a universal peace.
See Matthew 24:27-31; Revelation 19:11-14; Micah 4:1-5
15. We believe a final judgment will take place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and spend eternity in punishment in the Lake of Fire.
See Matthew 25:31-46; Mark 9:43-48; Revelation 20:11-15
16. We believe in a new Heaven and new Earth that Christ is preparing for all believers where they will dwell with the Lord for eternity. 2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 21-22